SKIP TO CONTENT
Essential Recording Requirements
- Record Deeds
- Record Mortgages
- Record Releases and Assignments
- Record Military Discharges
- Record Power of Attorney
- Record Contracts
- Record Other Miscellaneous Documents
- Record Surveys and Plats
- File Uniform Commercial Code Documents (Fixtures only)
- Microfilm and Scan All Documents
- Retrieve and Duplicate All Documents
Documents signed by power of attorney must have the recording number of the recorded power of attorney on the document.
- Acknowledgements: To entitle any conveyance, mortgage, or instrument of writing to be recorded.
- Legibility or Names: Typed or printed under each signature exactly as signed including acknowledgement.
- Name of Person Preparing Instrument: Each document effecting real estate.
- Notarized Documents: Requires county residence of notary effecting real estate.
- Transfer of Deeds for Taxation: Endorsement of Auditor before recording.
- Release of Satisfaction of Liens: May be executed by President, Vice-President, Cashier, Secretary, General Manager, or Attorney-in-Fact only.