Marriage License Information
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
8:00am - 4:00pm
Must complete application online & call Clerk's office to make appointment to obtain marriage license.
Phone: 260-668-1000 x 2260
Marriage License Application online
Indiana Residents: To apply for a marriage license in Indiana, both you and your future spouse must appear in person at the Clerk's Office in an Indiana County where one of you resides.
The application fee is $25.00 (cash or money order).
*Both applicants are eighteen (18) years of age or older;
*One (1) of the individuals is not more than four (4) years older than the other individual if the other individual is sixteen (16) or seventeen years of age;
*Each individual who is less than eighteen (18) years of age has been granted an order by a juvenile court under IC 31- 11-7 granting the individual approval to marry and completely emancipating the individual.
Non-Indiana Residents: For out of state residents, apply for a license in the Indiana county where the marriage will be take place. The application fee is $65.00 (cash or money order).
AGE: Both applicants MUST be 18 years of age
Requirement for both Indiana and Non-Indiana Residents:
- Each applicant needs to bring a valid driver’s license or a certified copy of birth certificate along with a picture ID with home address.
- Address on ID must be correct. If not, bring ID along with a current bill or bank statement with the correct address.
To obtain a certified copy of your marriage license, or a copy of your marriage application send
the following information to:
Steuben Circuit Court Clerk
55 S. Public Square
Angola, IN 46703
- First and Last name (maiden name) of both parties
- Date of marriage
- Certified copies of marriage licenses are $4.00 each (cash, check or money order)
- $1.00 (check or money order) for each copy of marriage application
- Self addressed stamped envelope.