PUBLIC NOTICE RE: COVID-19
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 8th, 2020
The Steuben County Health Department was notified of a COVID-19 positive adult that passed away on April 7th, 2020. The person, who was over age 60, had been hospitalized as a patient in Allen County hospital. No further information about the patient will be released due to privacy laws.
The health department also was notified of two (2) COVID-19 positive test results for Steuben County residents from April 7th to April 8th. We have been in communications with the patients and the Indiana State Department of Health epidemiologist to identify and monitor any close contacts. No additional information about the patients will be released due to patient privacy laws.
A “Close Contact” is a presumptive positive COVID-19 individual. A presumptive positive individual may be asymptomatic, but could be a carrier of the coronavirus and does not require testing. All presumptive positive COVID-19 individuals are required to quarantine for 14 days and remain in contact with the Steuben County Health Department. These presumptive positive individuals are identified through a case investigation, but not included in the official count for Steuben County.
Please continue to be diligent with the following measures to ensure exposure remains low:
- Staying at home
- Monitor for fever, cough or shortness of breath
- Maintaining social distancing (6 ft.)
- Frequent handwashing
Please stay home now, so we may gather later.
If you have any questions about coronavirus or COVID-19, please contact the Steuben County Health Department at (260) 668-1000 Ext. 1500.
April 6th, 2020
Public Health Order
Due to a national emergency being declared by the President of the United States in regards to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and a declaration of public health emergency for coronavirus disease 2019 outbreak was made by Governor Eric J. Holcomb, Steuben County’s Health Officer, Dr. Ted J. Crisman MD, with the support of Steuben County Commissioners declares the following order for all recreational campgrounds, camp resorts, RV parks and RV campgrounds in Steuben County, Indiana beginning immediately and remaining in effect until May 1, 2020. The order may be extended in the interest of public safety and/or in compliance with Governor Holcomb’s Executive Orders for the State of Indiana.
- All campgrounds, camp resorts, RV parks and RV campgrounds are hereby required to cease all operations, visits and activities and are not allowed to open to the public and/or lot, site, RV and cabin owners including anyone with ownership rights in any other capacity.
- No entry is permitted by members of the public and/or lot, site, RV, and Cabin Owners including anyone with ownership rights in any other capacity.
- Campground, camp resort, RV park and RV campground staff members are allowed entry as needed for office and maintenance purposes
- Scheduling of a rental beyond the date May 1st, 2020 is permitted, but those rentals may be canceled and/or postposed per campground, camp resort, RV park and RV campground policy in the event the date of effect is amended by Governor’s executive order.
This order has been given in conjunction with the Executive Order released by Governor Holcomb for the safety and wellbeing of our state and community.
Dr. Ted J Crisman. MD
Steuben County Health Officer
Steuben County Commissioners